Monday, March 14, 2011

A day at the farm...

Well, I think I got through all the soup, finally. I know I didn't comment on each and every one but I did hit quite a few and I've got to say I saw some glorious designs. That was the tastiest soup I've ever devoured!! Thank you everyone for providing me with so much inspiration. Also, thank you to everyone who stopped by and commented on mine. My picture was terrible I realized afterward and I apologize for that. And another big thank you to Lori Anderson for organizing such a huge event.





Last Saturday, my sister and I spent the day at my local wool shop and took a class on wet felting by fibre artist Marilyn Rand, see what beautiful work she has created. We had the choice of either a tea cozy, a small purse or a vessel. I chose the vessel and my sister chose the tea cozy. We had such a fun day and I really love felting, both wet and needle. This was the third felting class I have taken and each time it amazes me how unspun wool(photo #1 below) can turn into such interesting, strong and useful pieces(like my vessel in photo #4). I think I may use it for a vase for some dried flowers. Wouldn't a big bunch of hydrangeas be pretty in that. I may also try to shrink the length down a bit as well, it is pretty tall right now. We also made a cobweb scarf but I didn't get a photo of that.


Thanks for stopping by and have a very happy March break everyone!! I am taking my kids to see Rango tomorrow, hope Johnny Depp doesn't disappoint!

Happy Crafting,

Lisa

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to do a wet felting class.. I've done a ton of needle felting and figured out how to wet felt beads so that I had a pair of earrings to go with my BS necklace .... but I've never managed to get up the nerve to abuse all that wool to try and make a vessel without seeing someone else do it first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I don't think I ever did make it through all the BS... I was jumping off blog comments the first couple of days.. so don't know what blogs I visited! Then I started doing it in an organized fashion and at some point I just gave up.. No Dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy Rango, i'm looking forward to taking my daughter to see it!
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun seeing Rango. . .I thoroughly enjoyed it myself but I've heard mixed reviews from others.

    Oh, and your vessel is so very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love taking classes and learning new things? Your felting pieces are pretty!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Lisa! It's nice to meet you :)

    xo
    Gwynnie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and thanks so much for stopping by.